This is my adopted kitty Jazzy. If it were time for her virtual therapy session she would not be set up for success. First of all it looks like she might be playing a video game in bed! She could easily get distracted or fall asleep. Here are some tips for having a positive and useful teletherapy session:
1. Make sure your device is ready - if you are joining our session from a laptop, there is no need to download an app in advance. If you are using an ipad or phone, the session link will prompt you to download an app, which may take a minute and you probably want to do this before our session time. Close out other notifications and programs on your device so you don't get distracted (I can tell when you are playing a video game at the same time!).
2. Give yourself transition time - it can be jolting to go straight from a school or work zoom into a therapy session. Without the built in travel time to my office, it can be good to give yourself some time before and after our session to collect your thoughts.
3. Below is a detailed guide about what to expect for your first video session through Simple Practice.
4. Make sure you have privacy - turn on a fan by your door or download a white noise app on another device. Headphones can be helpful in increasing privacy.
5. Make sure you are on a secure and strong internet connection. Use this tool to check the quality of your connection before our session.